There are certain steps you should take to know how to lose 20 pounds in 3 months by walking. Notwithstanding, losing 20 pounds within a space of 3 months is not an easy task. You have to put a lot of effort and consistency to lose 20 pounds of body fat in a short period. However, in this article, you will learn how to lose 20 pounds in 3 months by walking, without exercise, and following a diet plan.
How to lose 20 pounds in 3 months by walking
You can use various approaches to achieve this feat without going to the gym. Unlike going to the gym, walking is easier to start. Actually, you can lose weight by walking but it will take time. Assuming you are 190 pounds, you can burn 190 calories an hour by walking at a moderate speed.
While walking, you can decide to increase the pace by running a little. Although, this won’t be suitable for everyone, especially if you are in bad shape. However, those in good shape can lose 20 pounds in 3 months. Unlike walking, you burn twice calories when running. For instance, someone with 190 pounds can burn 95 calories.
Remember, walking alone will not guarantee that you will lose 20 pounds in 3 months. You have to integrate a diet plan and exercise to achieve your goal.
How to lose 20 pounds in 3 months without exercise
The easiest way to how to lose 20 pounds in 3 months without exercise is by changing your current diet plan. How strong is your desire to lose 20 pounds in 3 months without exercise? This desire will trigger you to stick to your diet plan. A good way to lose weight is to find a motivational factor. The common motivational factors could be:
- Appearance – Get fit for that upcoming event or beach season
- Mood – To feel physically and mentally better. To love yourself better
- Dating – To enhance your confidence and look attractive to others
- Health – To live a healthier lifestyle and avoid any risk of developing an illness
We have certain smartphone apps that track your walking steps each time. Averagely, your target should be 6000 steps per day.
How to lose 20 pounds in 3 months diet plan
Another important aspect of weight loss is your diet plan. You do not expect to lose weight and eat food with high calories. It is like compounding your problem when you should be reducing it. However, you can stick to the following diet plan if you want to lose 20 pounds of body fat.
- Avoid calorie drinks: If you are the “wine” type, you can decide to take a glass or two per night
- Skip carbohydrate food: White carbohydrates such as grains, pasta, potatoes, cereal, rice, and bread will only contribute to your weight gain. If you want to be safe, avoid anything white.
- No fruits: Stay away from all fruits with exceptions to tomatoes and avocado.
The following list comprises of meals you can eat without any limit.
- Vegetables – green beans, peas, asparagus, kimchee, sauerkraut, mixed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli) and spinach
- Legumes – soybeans, pinto, or lentils
- Proteins – chicken breast, fish, pork, beef, black beans, egg whites
Where do you go from here?
How to lose 20 pounds in 3 months without exercise is not easy because you need to burn calories consumed. Without exercise, you will remain a ballpark for some weeks. However, you shouldn’t forget to track your progress. This will enable you to challenge yourself and know if you are keeping to your goal.